The boys and I are big fans of olives. Ron likes them, but does get as excited as we do. I found this recipe for Cubed Steak with Peppers and Olives and needed it in my life and belly. This recipe can be made in a slow cooker or istantpot, but I made mine in my instantpot. My family loved this recipe. The flavors are nice with a nice salty flavor from the olives. If you are not 100% about the olives don't worry because it is not a strong flavor- just a nice bit of salt and brine. I served this over a bed of rice and we had green beans on the side.
Cubed Steak with Peppers and Olives
- 28 oz cubed steak, about 8 pieces
- 1 ¾ teaspoons garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water or beef broth, I used beef broth
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced ¼-inch thin strips
- ½ medium onion, sliced into ¼-inch thin strips
- ½ cup green pitted olives plus 2 tablespoons of brine
- Season beef with garlic salt, and black pepper.
- Place the meat into the pressure cooker, top with onions and peppers, pour tomato sauce, liquid of choice (water or broth), and olives along with some of the brine (liquid from the jar) over everything.
- Cover and cook high pressure 25 minutes.
- Natural release for 10 minutes and then manual release if desired (or you can do natural release completely) and serve
This can be adapted to the slow cooker by setting heat to high and cooking 4-6 hours.
Tried this recipe? I'd love to see it! Mention @CheeseCurdInParadise or tag #cheesecurdinparadise on Instagram!