Rosemary and ranch. Nope, you didn’t misread the title and it is a flavor combination that you do not want to miss. This is an affiliate post with ThermoWorks, and I am sharing a delicious weeknight friendly grilled chicken recipe.
At the first bite both Ron, the boys, and I were repeating how delicious the chicken was. The chicken was not only flavorful, but really juicy. Sometimes chicken can get very dry on the grill, but this chicken was fantastic. I was surprised how many of the flavors I could pick out and how well it worked with a gentle char from the grill. It doesn’t have to be summer to grill, and fall is one of my favorite times to breakout the grill because it allows for easy dinners recipes, the kids can run out the rest of their energy, and we can get a healthy weeknight meal everyone likes.
You know that I insist on resisting the urge to cut into your meat to check if it is cooked to a safe temperature. I know I bug you guys about this every time I share a recipe using chicken, but it is a game changer to invest in a good meat thermometer. I swear by the ThermoWorks ThermoPop. I love it because it is back-lit, splash proof, has a rotating display, and is really quick (talking about 3 seconds). I have been using it for years, and talk it up all the time because it makes my life easier. I even use it to temp the center of my casseroles to make sure the middles is as hot and bubbly as the edges. What is even better news is that October 4th-7th, 2018, Thermoworks is running a Smoke Weekend 15% off Sale on all 9 colors of the Smoke™ as well as Smoke Gateway, probes, and other Smoke accessories for a limited time! Smoke outlasts and outperforms every competitor. The Smoke (leave-in probe thermometer) and Smoke Gateway (Wi-Fi Bridge) are perfect tools for low-and-slow cooking any time of year, but there is no better time than now to get yours.
I have used other products before and liked them a lot, but the Thermpop is my favorite child.
Rosemary Ranch Grilled Chicken
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, ranch dressing, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, salt, lemon juice, white vinegar, pepper, and sugar.
Remove from grill, rest for 2-3 minutes and serve.
- Place chicken in a gallon size sealable bag. add marinade, seal and gently toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Preheat the grill for medium-high heat.
- Grill chicken for 5-6 minutes per side, or until the chicken's internal temperature reaches 165° Fahrenheit (75° Celsius).
- Remove from grill. Tent with foil and rest for 2-3 minutes. Serve.
Recipe adapted from Plain Chicken.