You didn't think I was done sharing Halloween recipes did you?? With today being 10 days till Halloween the official countdown can begin!
What better way to get in the spirit than to make a batch of these adorable meatballs.
Mummy meatballs can be an appetizer or a main dish. Whatever you choose- they are absolutely delicious.
I use a very simple mix for these meatballs, meat, egg, milk, breadcrumbs, and seasoning. The mummy wrap is prepared refrigerated pizza dough. I cut thin strips and wrap them to replicate mummy wrap. For the eyes, I buy candy eyes like these, and they work perfectly. I mean, how cute are those creepy little eyes peeking out from their mummy wrap? I serve these meatballs with a size of pizza sauce for dipping, but they are delicious plain as well...or maybe with a little cheese sauce.....yum!
My boys are big fans of these as well. Partially because they love the candy eyeballs (candy for dinner, what?!?!), and they love dipping into the pizza sauce.
This recipes makes about 12 medium to large meatballs. You can adapt it to make smaller meatball, but the cooking time will need to be shortened, and you will likely want to test the temperature prior to 18 minutes as indicated in the recipe below. I suggest (as always) to use a meat thermometer like ThermoPop because they are my favorite.
Today, we are headed to the pumpkin patch to pic our pumpkins, go on a hay ride, and enjoy for fall adventures. Tonight, I am heading to the movies to see the new Halloween movie with a few girlfriends. Ron is not a fan of scary movies, and I am lucky to have a group of friends that will come with and enjoy the movie with me!
Do you like spooky and scary movies? Do you have a favorite? What is your stance on remakes? This is a topic that I really enjoy talking about with people, if you hadn't noticed, and I love when I can get chatting with fellow fans.
Apparently, I have a lot of questions today.....
Try these meatballs for your Halloween table! You will not be disappointed. If you try them, leave me a rating and a comment to tell me what you thought!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tbsp milk
- ¼ cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp dried minced onions
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 6 oz refridgerated pizza dough (about ½ the amount if using the type in the pressurized canned)
- 24 small candy eyes
- Pizza sauce, for dipping
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed backing sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix beef, egg, milk, breadcrumbs, and seasonings.
- Roll the meat into 12 equal meatballs.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into long thin strips. Wrap the dough around the meatballs leaving a little space in between each wrap.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for about 18 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove the meatballs from the baking sheet. Place 2 candy eyes per meatball in the gap between the dough wraps. Serve with a side of pizza sauce for dipping.