Tuscan White Bean Soup
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 15 oz can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 5 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup dry ditalini pasta
- 1/4 cup Romano cheese, grated (plus extra for topping)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Saute celery, onion, and garlic is a medium soup pot. When vegetables begin to soften, add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add beans and pasta and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for about 15 minutes and add the cheese and bacon. Continue cooking another 5 minutes until pasta is tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and top with additional cheese if desired.