Warm Mediterranean Orzo Salad
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup halved kalmata olives
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, plus a little extra for topping
- 1/3 cup halved tomatoes
- Heat olive oil in large rimmed skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook about a minute.
- Add the orzo and stir to coat in the oil. Add pepper, onion powder and oregano and stir.
- Add the broth is a half cup as a time as each each half cup is absorbed and allow mixture to slightly simmer.
- With the last half cup for broth add the olives, pepper, cheese and tomatoes. Cook till broth is absorbed and orzo is tender. If you need to add additional broth that is not a problem, but add slowly so there is not too much liquid.
- Remove from heat and serve. Top with additional feta if desired.