- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp salt
- 32 oz canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz canned pumpkin puree
- 14 1/2 oz can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup water
- Cheese, Sour Cream, and Crackers for Garnish
In a pot, brown ground beef till it is no longer pink. Add onion and pepper and cook till slightly tender.
Stir in the spices to evenly coat the meat. Add kidney beans, pumpkin puree, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and water. Reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve in bowls. Top with sour cream and cheese, if desired.